GPS Smartwatch with Advanced Running Metrics
- Touchscreen GPS running watch with a high resolution color display
- Advanced running dynamics¹ include ground contact time balance, stride length and vertical ratio
- Features stress score, performance condition and lactate threshold²
- Connected features³: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™, live tracking, audio prompts, music controls, smart notifications and social media sharing
- Download data fields, watch faces, widgets and applications from Connect IQ™
All the Numbers to Measure a Runner
Whether you’re training for your first marathon or looking to crush a personal record, Forerunner 630 provides all the extensive data you need for training and racing. Check your form by pairing your 630 with the HRM-Run™ monitor to measure cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time¹. Additional running dynamics include ground contact time balance, stride length and vertical ratio.
The Proof of Your Potential
Forerunner 630 uses extended physiological metrics to help you get the most out of your workouts and feel confident with what you can accomplish when you toe the line. Once Forerunner 630 learns your lactate threshold through a guided test, you can apply it to your heart rate training when setting up zones. Overall training load, sleep, nutrition and general life stress play a role in how you will perform in a tough workout. To give you a better idea of what days you should aim for a tough workout or use as a recovery day, Forerunner 630 provides you with a stress score based off your heart rate. Performance condition is another feature that gives you an idea of how you will fare in a workout. As you run, this feature analyzes your pace, heart rate and heart rate variability to make a real-time assessment of your ability to perform.
When planning a strategy for your next race, Forerunner 630 measures your VO2 max² and can predict your race times for several distances, providing you with a time target. It also lets you know when to back off your training after a grueling workout or race with its built-in recovery advisor2.
²When paired with a heart rate monitor; included with some models, sold separately on others.
³When paired with compatible smartphone.
4When using the Garmin Connect Mobile app.